Friday, October 24, 2008

Lucky number 8

I've been tagged. . .


8 Things I am passionate about...

1. Billy
2. Chocolate
3. Sleeping
4. My Family
5. Math
6. Calligraphy
7. Avocados
8. Writing

8 Phrases I say often...

1. Oh great!
2. Dear (when i talk to Billy)
3. Dammit (when i wake up late for work)
4. Cool
5. I hate my life
6. i hate my job
7. Billy you're annoying! (haha baby i love you)
8. You're a nerd

8 Things I want to accomplish in the upcoming year...

1. Lose weight
2. Gain patience
3. Go on a vacation
4. Scrapbook
5. Learn how to photo shop
6. Not get preggo
7. Cook like my mother
8. GAMBLE!! I'm finally 21!!

8 Places I would like to go and visit...

1. Hawaii
2. Guatemala
3. Italy
4. ALL of Europe
5. New York
6. Australia
7. Cancun
8. Egypt

8 Things I Need or Want...

1. School to be over with
2. Graduate from college
3. New Car
4. Clothes
5. A family
6. A new phone
7. A job that I love
8. Chocolate Milk

8 is a lucky number in China. The word for it -- ba -- sounds so similar to the word for prosper and wealth (fa) that many people believe eight is a number that is linked to prosperity. There is also a resemblance between two digits, "88," as the word for it means double joy (shuang xi)

8 Facts about 8:

  • An airline reportedly paid $300,000 five years ago to buy 8888-8888 for its telephone number.
  • The opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics in Beijingbegan on 8/8/08 at 8 seconds and 8 minutes past 8 pm (local time).
  • Nine thousand weddings took place in the Chinese capital on Friday the eighth of August, 2008.
  • In Hong Kong, a personal license plate with the number eight can cost millions of dollars; A single eight on your license plate gives you status. People know you have to pay top dollars for it.
  • A man in Hangzhou offered to sell his license plate reading A88888 for RMB 1.12 million (1 USD = 6.8480 RMB).
  • You can cut the number 8 in half vertically or horizontally, and both halves mirror themselves perfectly. Perfect symmetry lends itself to perfect balance.
  • In Judaism, the eighth day of a boy's life is when he enters into a covenant with God and the Jewish people by having his foreskin removed.
  • Mormons are baptized at the accountable age of eight.
I would like to tag Andrea. Good luck

1 comment:

comments! yay!!