I never officially said that Billy got a new job, did I? While working at Marketstar he helped an HP Reseller A LOT! with support related questions, configurations, and anything else they needed. Wasatch Software really liked Billy and he really enjoyed helping them. About a month before Billy got laid off, he was offered a job to work with Wasatch Software, but that wasnt for a few months. Once he was laid off, he took them on that offered and asked if it was possible to make those changes now.
He has now been working with them for 3 months and I have the feeling that he really really loves it there. Which makes me very happy.
He has now been working with them for 3 months and I have the feeling that he really really loves it there. Which makes me very happy.
When he was hired, they started planning a company retreat in Mesquite. Last weekend we finally went to this company trip. It was so fun! Why they decided to go to Mesquite in the middle of July is beyond me. So, I'm glad we spent the majority of time inside with the nice air conditioner.
On Saturday we had a lil company bonding experience: GAMBLING. Lol. Each pair (WS employee and their guest) was given $100 to gamble for an hour. After an hour, we would all double it or nothing and then the winner would receive a Gift Certificate to anywhere in the CasaBlanca Hotel. Billy and I played craps for the first time ever and we did really good. I really believe that we double our money and even tripled it. Unfortunately, we didnt have a chance to count it before we doubled or nothing. We all put our bets on Roulette. Billy and I bet on red and everyone else put their bet on black. There was so many emotions going through my head. I really really wanted to win... but so did everyone else! lol
The ball finally landed ... on ... GREEN! Can you believe that?! We found out that the odds of landing on green is one million to one. And the pay out is 30 to 1! Can you imagine that? We could have walked away with like $6000! Ahhhhh I would have been in heaven for a few months lol Anywho, that wasnt the case. We lost everything!! I was so shocked, so speechless, and so discouraged. I was so hoping to win the Gift Certificate and we deserved it since we had the most at the end of the hour.
The tie breaker would be high card. All the pair who didnt blow their money before the hour were eligible to pick a card from the deck. and the highest number would win the Gift Certifcate.
On Saturday we had a lil company bonding experience: GAMBLING. Lol. Each pair (WS employee and their guest) was given $100 to gamble for an hour. After an hour, we would all double it or nothing and then the winner would receive a Gift Certificate to anywhere in the CasaBlanca Hotel. Billy and I played craps for the first time ever and we did really good. I really believe that we double our money and even tripled it. Unfortunately, we didnt have a chance to count it before we doubled or nothing. We all put our bets on Roulette. Billy and I bet on red and everyone else put their bet on black. There was so many emotions going through my head. I really really wanted to win... but so did everyone else! lol
The ball finally landed ... on ... GREEN! Can you believe that?! We found out that the odds of landing on green is one million to one. And the pay out is 30 to 1! Can you imagine that? We could have walked away with like $6000! Ahhhhh I would have been in heaven for a few months lol Anywho, that wasnt the case. We lost everything!! I was so shocked, so speechless, and so discouraged. I was so hoping to win the Gift Certificate and we deserved it since we had the most at the end of the hour.
The tie breaker would be high card. All the pair who didnt blow their money before the hour were eligible to pick a card from the deck. and the highest number would win the Gift Certifcate.
Yup. WE WON!! With a King. Hip hip hooray! I was quite excited. I actually screamed when I saw our card! hehe The pair next to us had a Queen and so I was a lil nervous for a sec. But that shortly passed!! Woot woot! We won! We walked on over to the spa and signed up for pedicures (Poor Billy, it was the only thing available for both of us). Surprisingly Billy enjoyed his pedicure. He said he wished he had gotten more outta the massage chair but it was still nice to get his feet all cleaned up. And no, he didnt get them painted. That jerk!! I even offered him hot pink lol. I wish I would have gotten French Pedicure, but I thought they would charge me more for it. Oh wells. Maybe next time ;)
Now do you member those 3 pounds I had lost in the last month??? Ya I gained them all back this week. Boooooo! I still got 2 more months to go til my birthday, so I really need to get crackin on it. I am making a goal to exercise at least 3 times a week. WISH ME LUCK!


good luck!!
ReplyDeletepost some pictures from the vacation!!!
I didnt take that much :( But my friend did so we shall see :)
ReplyDeleteI love this cus i was part of it lol
ReplyDeleteIt was so much , and yes i have some pics . When im on the actual computer ill email you some kay? pinky promise.
You lucky shortys got the massage ... ") booo jk. im glad you did !!!!
Thank you! I was excited. I think Billy's planning to do a couple massage for our anniversary! woot woot
ReplyDeletereally? how exciting! that should b so relaxing. Ur anniversary is only a couple weeks oway!
ReplyDeleteI know! but i dont wanna get my hopes up, jus in case he decides to do something else :S
ReplyDelete