Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Accutane

Once upon a time there was a young lady who was very crazy excitable and silly. But unfortunately, her acne caused serious problems and on some days, her self-esteem wasnt that great. Who is this young lady, you ask? Why, me!

There were days were the acne on my face was really bad. I really did not want to look in a mirror. I didnt wanna even bother putting make up on. And frankly, I jus didnt like my face. It hurt even worse when everyone I knew made comments about my face. They made their own suggestions about what I should try and what I should stop eating and why it happened to me. It seemed like that was the only thing people would see when they looked at me. My acne. It was unbearable. So many times, I'd get defensive. And mad. There were times I would scream and jus stormed out of the room jus so my face wouldnt be the topic of conversation.

Oh, how bad I wanted to get rid of it. For it to be jus a phase. To wish I had only one or two. I was desperate. I tried ProActive, Natures Cure, Mary Kay, Benzagel cream, Minocycline and more that I really and honestly do not member. These only worked for the first month and then no more results. So I gave up. I figured this was what I needed to live with. This was how it was going to be.

Then, in July 2009 my mother told me how my cousin tried Accutane and how it worked. I seriously did not even wanna try it. Why bother? I thought. But my mother insisted. I, of course, got defensive and mad. I asked her why it was so important for her to have my face acne free? Its not like she had to live with it. Then she responded, Because I know how unhappy it makes you. She was so right. It was awful. I hated it. And I deeply wished it would jus go away. But I did not want to be disappointed again. So I told her to make the appointment for me and to pay for the meds. She agreed.



My face is so much better. So many people close to me have noticed. But, unfortunately, this process was not happy-go-lucky. It took 7 months. 7 miserable months. I experienced many of the side affects: skin dryness, nausea, vomiting, mood swings, back pains, blurred vision, massive headaches. Honestly, I wouldnt want to do this again. And so I really hope that my acne doesnt come back. Maybe, maybe I'll be ok with jus a couple here and there. But please, acne, leave me alone :)

IF any one of you are interested here's a few sites you could go to. But please, please, keep in mind, that its a very very serious and intense drug:
http://www.drugs.com/accutane.html
http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/accutane.html




Ps. Pretty much love my face these days :)

2 comments:

  1. yeay! im glad you are happy and love your face. like i always say. YOU are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you. I'm getting all warm inside :)

    ReplyDelete

comments! yay!!