When I realized that Aku was gonna turn 7 this year, I really wanted to celebrated his birthday. I had mentioned it to Billy and he sort of... kinda.... laughed at me. So, I was a lil uncertain. A month went by; poor Aku's birthday was forgotten. Then I told a few other people that I wanted to do a birthday for Aku. And they totally LOVED the idea!
And so I did it! As Billy was still absolutely against the idea, I only invited direct family and a few close friends with dogs. What can I say? I get a lil nervous sometimes.
The big day came. I bought some dog treats, Manny helped me with a birthday cake, grabbed some water and fruit and we were off to Murray Park. Because it was July 24th, I intended it to be a day at the park - where family gets together, eats food, brings their dog, and have fun. Either, some people still thought it was a dumb idea, they couldnt make it, or they jus didnt want to come, cuz outta the 33 people I invited, only 10 came. It really bothered me that most of the people that didnt come, didn't even bother telling me until it was way too late. So, yes I was mad. My feelings were hurt. I was sad. But then you know what, I got over it. I decided to better person and jus forgive and forget. And its mainly because it was a GREAT birthday. I had a great time, with great food, great people, and great dogs! I jus might make it a tradition ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We had loads of fun , and I know blako did since he just fell asleep all day lol :)
ReplyDeletelol our doggies did too
ReplyDelete