Thursday, December 23, 2010

Be More Positive

In case you all have forgotten, I am going to school to be a Math Teacher. Yes, I said math. lol. Last week I had taken my last final for this past semester. I must admit that I wasn't excited. Yes I was SO excited that the semester was finally over. But that's the point, I was so excited. Part of me didn't care if I did well on the final. I just wanted it to be over with. I wanted my break. I needed my break. I am definitely not motivated for school. I cant complain when I get my grades for this semester, cuz let's be honest, I did not give 100%.

My friend had said that she wanted to go back to school, but like me she isn't motivated. But then she said something that really stuck out to me.


"take one class at a time and try to enjoy it instead of focusing on
only obtaining a degree"
 

When I think about school, the first thing that pops into my head is a degree. And when I think about how long I have to go til I'm finally done, I get overwhelmed. I have such a long time to go. But if I were to change my perspective and focus on a class at a time and just keep going, then I feel like I will do better and that it will fly by. I don't think I can go full time and work full time so I shouldn't focus on that part either. 

Its all about attitude. I really think it's important for me to have an education and so I should be more positive about it. Even though homework and studying and tests are annoying, I really do enjoy learning new things. So I should suck it up and be more positive.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers! I think u are completely right.
    Take it one step at a time , its easier . And at one point you will be able to see the end of ur goal . Nothing is impossible.

    ReplyDelete

comments! yay!!